Wednesday, July 11, 2007

go west

Nine West in Edinburgh closed last week. It may be the effect that I have on Nine West - the one in Belfast didn't last long. I can't say I'm surprised - the store never seemed to figure out who its target market are. And if Fashionista's post on this is right, its facing similiar problems in the US as well. I couldn't afford to shop in Nine West in the UK, though one of favourite ever pairs (black patent peep toe platform heels) I picked up in the US last September. Same number on the price tag, different currency made all the difference. Shoe retailer Aldo does seem to be making a big impact instead, though their website doesn't seem to be the most functional. They've just opened up in Glasgow, and fingers crossed Edinburgh will be soon to follow. Otherwise, I'll be sticking to Office and Topshop, which are great, but only having two places to go doesn't exactly feel like a democracy...

No comments: