Sunday, April 15, 2007

ouch ouch ouch

I am currently nursing some stratospheric blisters on the soles of my feet. This is on account of two things - the fabulous summer weather that has finally hit Edinburgh (it is unlikely to last long) inspired me to take the playsuit public. Now, a playsuit, in my opinion (though Kate Moss's is likely to be different) only works with heels, otherwise it is far too lesbian with a wrench (nothing against lesbians with wrenches, but its not the 50s pin up look I'm going for). So, I took the playsuit out for its first outing yesterday, accompanied by a rather fine brown belt to give me a waist, and some fabulous brown chunky leather t-bar peep toe heels that I picked up last week from Topshop. Coupled with some fantastic men's sunglasses that I found, I was looking stylin, but after some quality time wandering round Edinburgh (and some great french toast thanks to Urban Angel, I also had some rather nasty blisters on the top of my feet where the t-bar was meeting the toe. Grr. Today was no better, since I tried to get into training for the Edinburgh Moonwalk, which is a walking marathon. Whilst I used to be quite fit, and able to walk forever, I'm not convinced I'm in shape, so I went for a wander along the canal. However, silver ballet flats and 9 miles of wandering don't make for happy feet, so as well as blisters on the top of my foot, I've also managed to get them on the bottom. Clever girl. So now I'm hopping around the flat like a loon.

No comments: