Saturday, May 05, 2007

teenage kicks


I saw a very stylish teenager wearing this dress from Topshop the other day, and I really want it. However, a couple of things are holding me back, and not just my bank balance.

1. She was a size 8; I am a size 12. Something tells me that will make a difference between "fun" and "pregnant".
2. She teamed it with white jeans and a cute grey, antiquey cardigan. Effortless. Me and white jeans are never going to happen.
3. Teenagers just have great style. I don't think I'll be able to get back to that.

Having said all that, I keep thinking maybe I can team it with the grey jeans I don't own, or my big brown belt, and get away with it. It just looks so much fun!! Please?

1 comment:

Chikki said...

I totally agree...I'm a 12 too, and yet there are all these fun new trendy things to wear that may not work for the avg size. Blah! :) But you actually look good in the top photo with the belt.