Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Measure

Time for a review of The Guardian's Measure this week.

Going Up
Sunday Nights Against all oddes, this is now the best TV night ever with Entourage, The Office: An American Workplace, and Arrested Development. About flipping time, eh?
Me: They mentioned Arrested Development last week, so at least they still think it's good. Sunday nights are all about tv for me. Right now I'm supposed to be going to the gym, but it just ain't going to happen tonight, is it?
Facials Darling, it's the only way to cope with the coming winter. Go to Bliss for efficiency, Jo Malone for indulgence, or Vaishaly for both.
French Connection Sto the presses! FC is totally brilliant this season! Out goes the crap advertising schtick, in come amazing tunic and jumper dresses
Me: Totally amazing is a bit far. They do have a great grey parka and a fab navy with gold sequined mini dress, though.
Hoods Cosy and tres, tres in
Me: No argument from me
Roddy Doyle's Paula Spencer Not as good as the first, but a damned sight better than most things out there
Me: Eh? no clue about this at all. Am guessing a book, but beyond that, no idea. Can't be too cool then, can it?
Phoenix's It's Never Been Like That We literally cannot stop dancing to this
Me: Oh no, I'm once again out of it on the music front. I am so unhip!!

Going Down
High street prices £130 for a dress? As Gary Coleman would say, wotchootawkin' bout?
Me: Ohmigod, I so agree. More to come on this later, as I'm currently looking for a cute sparkly number for Christmas parties. Oh, and I have no idea who Gary Coleman is.
Ankle boots Girlfriend, you ain't Debbie Gibson. Give it up
Me: Oh dear oh dear. Just last week The Measure was telling us ankle boots were the shoes of the season. How fickle they are, how ficke the are.
Side partings Sooooo Wag. Go for a model-tastic centre parting, ok?
Pussy-bow blouses Every autumn we give them a go. And every autumn we give them right back up
Trinny and Susannah not going too well, this career move, is it, honeys?
Me: Is that that the cackle of schadenfraude I'm hearing?

So there you go. I can tell you that this week I'll mostly be wearing my hair in a centre parting whilst watching tv and making my facial appointments - until next Saturday when it will be all change again.

No comments: