Friday, November 17, 2006

hiatus

I don't really know why I've been so busy this week that I haven't been able to post, because I can't really point to anything I've managed to achieve either. I mean, beyond the ho-hum dum-drum of working life. I have however just found a great post on Daddy Likey about how Elle and Vogue have completely warped our fashion values, and that $1000 is a sensible price for a bag. I have been feeling this a lot recently, with managing to stop myself dropping £200 on several sparkly dresses (yes, I know, it is very much my weakness), dresses by Tibi, 3.1 Philip Lim, and Chloe because I have decided that £300 really isn't so bad if it's designer, and £500 for those Marc Jacobs shearling boots. Those would be practical in Edinburgh. Sense is saving me. And soon, builders fitting a (cheap IKEA) kitchen will be relieving my bank account of a couple of grand!

No comments: